Name resolution

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jul 5 11:05:46 UTC 2011

> I finish my mail : i just try 3 times to send the mail because
> thunderbid failed to send it due to configuration problem on the server
> smtp.googlemail.com I open a CLI and run ping smtp.googlemail.com the
> server answer fine and i achieve to send my email.
> ??
> Eric

Perhaps a bogus DNS cache near you recently expired? I've had a bunch of
bad DNS data sit latent for a bit and trip me up for a bit (particularly
on Windows systems where flushing it was an unclear process to me) --
but it has been a long time since anything like that was common (or am I
just lucky?).

-Iwao