Blinking cursor after reboot with Preupgrade

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:35:34 UTC 2011

Since I know I don't have enough ram to do a fresh install I'm trying
to upgrade my old EEEPC 701 from F13 to F15 via Preupgrade. I ran
preupgrade-cli from runlevel 3 to maximize the amount of ram available
at everything appears to run fine prior to the reboot.

When I try to run the upgrade from GRUB upon reboot nothing happens. I
just get a blinking cursor in the upper left and it sits with no disk
activity.

Choosing the previous Kernel from GRUB and it boots up fine to F13.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard