How to enable CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:13:51 UTC 2011

Reindl Harald wrote:

> 00-system-setup-keyboard.conf
> # This file is autogenerated by system-setup-keyboard. Any
> # modifications will be lost.
>
> Section "InputClass"
> Identifier      "system-setup-keyboard"
> MatchIsKeyboard "on"
> Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
> Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
> Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
> Option          "XkbOptions"    "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,"

My file is exactly the same and the key combination of ctrl-alt-backspace
*does* produce the desired result. I *think* that kdesettings must have
created it, but I am not certain. I don't quite understand whether you want
to have ctrl-alt-backspace working sensibly, or whether you want it disabled.
The file enables it. If you want it disabled, I presume you could delete it
or move it to a backup location, to experiment.