cups setup for headless

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 8 11:00:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 06:41 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Is there a guide to setting up printer configuration via cmdline?  Or, let's say
> I have one machine on my lan with printers already configured.  Is there an easy
> way to transfer that configuration, or a subset of it, to other machines on the
> lan?
----
you should be more specific to what you are trying to do.

Cups printers would normally be seen automatically if shared and
browsing for the particular lan segment were permitted on the server.

Otherwise using ssh and editing /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
and /etc/cups/printers.conf and restarting cups service is likely to be
sufficient.

You could probably also use a web browser
http://$SOME_IP_OR_FQDN_IF_DNS_ON_YOUR_LAN:631 to configure.

Craig

believed to be clean.