New Fedora DVD 64 Install replaced my previous GRUB2 info! (Dual Boot)

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Jul 12 16:51:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 12:28 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 11:09 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
> >> UPDATE ON THE SITUATION:
> >> I have since re-installed Fedora 15, this time telling it to erase all
> >> other LINUX partitions, but it still boots directly into F15.
> >> I told it to install Grub on the mbr.
> >
> > When you installed and got to the grub section, did you pay attention to
> > what the screen was showing you and telling you what the drives were
> > assigned to and which it considered to be 1st and 2nd?  It may have
> > listed the F15 drive first instead of 2nd or 3rd or whatever.
> >

> > --
> > Mike Chambers
>
> It's a one-drive system and Win-7 was the first os [factory] installed.

Ok, it may be setup that way, but what exactly was detected as the first
partition on the grub selection screen?  I've had it where F15 was the
first one shown instead of the Windows partition and had to edit it and
make the change to show it correctly.  It may be correct and no errors
there, just making sure that part was watched just in case.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"