jack audio kit

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:49:37 UTC 2011

On 19/07/11 14:33, Zoran Spasojevic wrote:
> Actually on boot I get the following message before I start any
> applications:
>
> KDE detected that one or more internal sound devices were removed.
>
> *Do you want KDE to permanently forget about these devices?*
>
> This is the list of devices KDE thinks can be removed:
>
>      *
>
>        Capture: Default
>
>      *
>
>        Output: Default
>
>      *
>
>        Output: M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi (IEC958 (S/PDIF)
>        Digital Audio Output
>

> Only once I was able to get any sound from any audio/video applications
> when I uncommented the line in /etc/pulse/default.pa
>
> #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
>
> This was when pulseaudio was installed.
> Then the sound went away and I have not been able to recover it.
>
> Thanks,
> Zoran

You can try the steps below. Also try look here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_sound_problems and
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SoundTroubleshooting

Determine your sound card:

~ $cat /proc/asound/cards
  0 [UA25EX         ]: USB-Audio - UA-25EX
                       EDIROL UA-25EX at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2, full speed
  1 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                       HDA Intel PCH at 0xdf600000 irq 22
  2 [mini           ]: USB-Audio - MPK mini
                       AKAI PROFESSIONAL,LP MPK mini at
usb-0000:03:00.0-1, full speed

In the setup of qjackctl in interface instead of hw:0 hw:1 etc use the
value in brackets above. In my case hw:UA25EX

yum install alsa-plugins-jack and create the following file ~/.asoundrc.
Set card 0 to whatever number your card has been given above.

~ $cat .asoundrc
ctl.!default {
         type hw
         card 0