persistent image with firefox 3.6.18

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 21 18:39:17 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 08:47 AM, François Patte wrote:
> Le 20/07/2011 15:16, g a écrit :
<>

>>  1) upgrade gnome if not latest.
>
> Latest coming with fedora 14. I don't want to test gnome 3 with f15

if you just update f14, there is no need to use f15, unless others tell
you there are no problem with f15.

>>  2) upgrade/downgrade nvidia drivers.
>
> Latest coming with fedora 14

if you just update f14, you should have latest drivers from fedora, if
you ran a command line 'yum update'. unless you specified not to update
nvidia. or, used 'yumex', or, other gui package updater, and did not select
nvidia drivers.

>>  3) use different drivers for nvidia card.
>
> ???

there are drivers available from fedora rpm's and there are drivers
available from nVidia for fedora.

>>  4) try with kde or other desktop.
>
> never

trying does not mean you have to leave installed. temp installing is a
way to test.

>>  5) use 'google chrome'.
>
> could be possible

it is possible if you have it installed.

>>  6) check to see if there is a later version of firefox for gnome.
>
> latest coming with f14

a later maybe. you said you updated and now have 3.6.18, so you have what
is latest in update packages.

>>  7) use scientific linux for web browsing and fedora for offline work.
>
> ????

i am not having problems with scientific linux and use a minimal installation
for internet access, second installation is more full and use it for offline
only use for accounting, cad, and eda.

i have near full installation of fedora that i use for offline only use for
accounting, cad, and eda.

>>  8) join gnome support list, and post problem there.
>
> ????

gnome has their own tech support group. you could try posting to them if
you do not get a solution here.

> Seems to be a problem between firefox and flash-plugin

could be, try;

  disabling flash to see how it works.
  upgrade/downgrade flash to see how it works.

in other words. if you are having problems and 1 or 2 others are having
problem while majority are not, then you have a system problem and will
have to go thru all suggestions posted to find where your problem is.

one last suggestion, set up another user login. install only flash add-on
and no other. if works with out problems, then it is something wrong with
your normal setup.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,