creating .rpm files for special installations

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:36:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:24 AM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> not recalling all abilities of rpm, my question is, can rpm/yum append to
> existing files?

I'm not a super experienced rpm user but I don't know of any way to do
it directly with rpm but you could use a scriptlet to do the work.

Depending on how the information needs to be added to the config file
there are many ways to handle that part, whatever you can manage with
common shell tools.

1. "cat" it onto the end?
2. sed

The best situation I think would be if there's a <config>.d/ type
directory where you can just drop a config file in it. That way if you
ever want to update it you can create a new plugin package to replace
the file, and yum erase will work properly.

Richard