network config

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 22 20:53:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 17:37 +0200, Thomas Schweikle wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After consulting the handbook and various further internet sites I
> am a bit lost:
>
> starting up my fedora system it only activates network interface lo.
> no other network interface is brought up until I login and start it
> with "ifup eth0".
>
> Quite bad, if you expect to reach the system via ssh. Any idea how
> I'll get that interface up together with the machine, without having
> a user login and activate it?
>
> I have
> /etc/sysconfig/network:
> NETWORKING=yes
> HOSTNAME=tola.fritz.box
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:
> DEVICE="eth0"
> BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
> ONBOOT=yes
> NM_CONTROLLED="no"
> TYPE=Ethernet
>
> Rebooting doesn't enable eth0, only lo.
>

> --
> Thomas

Right click on the NM-applet. Then choose a connction and click edit. In
the lower lrft corner click Available to all users, and you should get
the behavior you want. This is done by default on wired connectionws.

To do this of course you need to have the connection NM_CONTROLLED.
I put up my thumb... and it blotted out the planet Earth. -- Neil
Armstrong
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net