Not enough info, so no point

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 1 00:33:04 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 08:17 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 18:24:40 +0100
> "n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"<n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com>  wrote:
>
>> For my PC
>>
>> Fedora 15 update fails
>>
>> Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot
>>
>> Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot
>>
>> All fail to finish initialising hardware.
>>
>> smolt page :
>> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_4917245b-ea15-44b1-ae4d-788c70a5a3d9
>>
>> Result : I shall not be updating to Fedora 15 any time soon
>
> Sorry to hear it.
>
> First: Do you wish to try and solve the above and/or get it tracked
> down so it can get fixed or others don't run into it?
>
> If not, sorry it didn't work out.
>
> If so, would you be willing to provide more information?
> I'd be happy to walk you through what to gather.
>
> kevin

Let me assure you I have tried many of the suggestions without success.
Secondly I've already spend ~3 days on this with little or no progress
and a lot of jaded responses of no help at all. As I have made clear, my
confidence that this will get fixed, and Fedora, is beginning to evaporate.

Sure I'd like to get it fixed, but having worked in support, and repair
myself, I know that without a repeatable fault it's nigh on impossible
to fix. Also I started on Fedora core 2 and have been sorting my
problems and upgrading along the way, so I don't appreciate jaded
comments of the sort suggesting I'm some sort of arrogant idiot.

Please do not come out with, "we do this for free" as an excuse for
making jaded comments, that response will lose you a lot of respect from
myself, and I already know that thank you!

It appears this community is the place to look for assistance, and
currently I'm not enjoying the experience, although  I will reluctantly
put up more information as I gather it. But currently I reckon waiting
to try Fedora 16 is the best I can hope for.

My recommendation before trying to install/upgrade any version of Fedora
is to try one of the live CDs first.

Current position

-------------------------------------

	I have reverted back to Fedora 14, as I want/need a working PC

	I am unwilling to try another install/upgrade after 2 failures, (it's a
long process), it will have to be the Live CD

	After trying an upgrade I could not get consistent faults, not useful

	I created Fedora 15 install/rescue dvd, checking the signatures

	I did try kernel parameters like noapic to no avail

	My DVD burner works fine thank you

	It is not possible to get log files if you can't boot

	Using Fedora 14 rescue DVD after initial upgrade it appeared the
install had become corrupted, (could not see my home directory)

	I have little respect for anybody that makes jaded comments or no
further useful suggestions

	Currently the most consistent fault is the hardware fails to initialise
before eventually showing some error stack trace, (I'm IT savvy and
understand this better than you may think), and will note some of it
down in due course

	At some point I will be changing my motherboard/graphics card, not sure
when yet, and I have done this before with Linux installed.

Please do not take any offence kevin, this is not aimed at folks like
you who try to be helpful.