f15 kernel on f14?

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:56:11 UTC 2011

On 06/01/11 11:01, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 06/01/2011 01:55 PM, M A Young wrote:
>
>>> you go about doing that?
>> kernels are generally stand alone and don't depend on other packages, so
>> you can probably just download and install the f15 kernel directly (though
In the past, I have seen an intimate relationship between
the compiler version and the kernel. This was the case
when I used to run FreeBSD. I would try to compile a most
current release with a previous release compiler. I would
either get compilation or link-load errors, or the kernel
would not boot until I compiled it with the same compiler
version that the released kernel was compiled with.
Perhaps other individuals might recall the very early version of Linux.