vnc and gnome3

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 2 08:39:19 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 04:35 PM, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> To test i have disabled the firewall with the same result.

Personally, I don't trust that as a test.

The way I test, if a vnc client fails to connect, it (from the remote
host) "telnet vncserver port#".  Where port# is the port the server is
connected.  Most of the time, for me, it is 5901.

The one thing you didn't mention is....what error are you getting at the
client side?

Also, FWIW, I don't use "vino".  I stick with tigervnc.