Not enough info, so no point

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 3 08:03:15 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 06:32 AM, JD wrote:
> On 06/02/11 21:16, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> On 05/31/2011 06:24 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>>> For my PC
>>>
>>> Fedora 15 update fails
>>>
>>> Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot
>>>
>>> Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot
>>>
>>> All fail to finish initialising hardware.
>>>
>>> smolt page :
>>> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_4917245b-ea15-44b1-ae4d-788c70a5a3d9
>>>
>>> Result : I shall not be updating to Fedora 15 any time soon
>>>
>>> I provide this information reluctantly based on my previous experience
>>> posting to this community, which laughingly suggests it provides
>>> assistance, encouragement, and advice.
>> Fedora 15 Install/Rescue DVD checked out correctly on boot and check
>> option. But it also causes a core dump when trying to start up.
> In that case I am starting to suspect some hardware
> problem. Difficult to tell what.
> Perhaps you can download a free bootable CD (iso image)
> for comprehensive hardware diagnostic/sanity check,
> burn it on a good working cd burner and then
> boot it on your machine and run the HW diags.
> Good luck.
>
> JD

I can understand why you suggest that, but why does Fedora 14 work? The
failure appears to occur during the kernel start up and Fedora 15 has a
newer kernel, for Live CD, install DVD, and actual installation, and all
fail appear to fail during kernel start up. Perhaps after Fedora 15 has
the next kernel update another install will work.