Fedora 14: iPod not mounting

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 19:01:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 09:25 +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
>    I also don't see the thing creating a /dev device:  my
> understanding was
> that the iPod should still appear as a USB storage device.

A simple iPod mounts as a storage device, but a Touch or iPhone is a
more complex beast with its own protocol. I'm at my work machine but
when I get a chance I'll check my home machine which already has this
set up.

Note that you can update music etc. using Rhythmbox or Amarok but you
won't be able to do everything (such as update the firmware) except via
iTunes. I do it with a Windows VM, which also requires a bit of setup.

poc