Preupgrade still sucks. Maybe sucks less, maybe sucks more.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Jun 3 21:47:42 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 11:34 AM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Well, that tells me right there that preupgrade is still not
> deployment grade yet.  Not for remote servers at least.

So let me get this straight: preupgrade failed for you and therefor it's
not ready to be used (at least on remote servers) by anybody.  Isn't
that a rather small sample size for such a sweeping generalization?

I'd expect that kind of response (and have seen it here, recently) from
some shallow, self-centered kid with little if any Linux experience.
Having it come from somebody who's been using Linux professionally as
long as you clearly have is a Bad Thing because it encourages beginners
to react badly to upgrade problems even more than they already do.

You have, of course, my sympathy.  I'd offer whatever help I could, but
you seem to have things well in hand already and I hope everything turns
out OK.  Quite frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if the issue is with F15
and not the upgrade methods.