drupal 7 in F14?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Jun 4 00:35:17 UTC 2011

On Friday, June 03, 2011 04:49:04 PM 夜神 岩男 wrote:
> --- On Sat, 2011/6/4, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been learning about Drupal 7 on a CentOS install and it is more
> > convenient to use it on my F14 box for learning purposes. The install
> > was just a yum command, but I'm accustomed to finding and running the
> > install.php file to configure it. When I start an instance of firefox
> > as root and browse to that file I don't get the expected install
> > screen sequence but rather some ascii gibberish. Also the file
> > location is in /usr/share rather than as I would have expected in a
> > folder off /var/www/html.
> >
> > Is there a reference for D7 in Fedora? There's no man page. I have a
> > couple of D7 books, it's the Fedora-specific bits I'm having trouble
> > with.
> >
> > Advice much appreciated.
> >
> > Dave
>
> This was fun for me to figure out as well. Drupal 6 is what is in the F14
> respositories, not Drupal 7 (unless there is a package name extension
> which differentiates between the two -- "yum install drupal" installs
> Drupal 6).

yes, I see that. Here's what I got:

[dave at davehost ~]$ yum list drupal
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
drupal.noarch                                  6.20-1.fc14
updates
[dave at davehost ~]$ yum list drupal*
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
drupal7.noarch                                       7.0-4.fc14
@updates
Available Packages
drupal.noarch                                        6.20-1.fc14
updates
drupal-calendar.noarch                               6.x.2.2-2.fc13
fedora
drupal-cck.noarch                                    6.x.2.8-1.fc14
fedora
drupal-date.noarch                                   6.x.2.4-1.fc13
fedora
drupal-service_links.noarch                          6.x.2.0-1.fc14
updates
drupal-views.noarch                                  6.x.2.12-1.fc14
updates
drupal-workspace.noarch                              6.x.1.4-2.rc1.fc13
fedora
drupal6-advanced-help.noarch                         1.2-2.fc14
updates
drupal6-filefield.noarch                             6.x.3.9-1.fc14
updates
drupal6-footnotes.noarch                             2.5-1.fc14
updates
drupal6-image.noarch                                 6.x.1.1-1.fc14
updates
drupal6-video.noarch                                 6.x.4.2.beta2-2.fc14
updates
drupal6-views_bulk_operations.noarch                 1.10-6.fc14
updates
drupal6-yubikey.noarch                               6.x.2.0.beta2-1.fc14
updates
[dave at davehost ~]$

> Here are a few links that may clear things up a bit:
> http://zxq9.com/archives/442
> http://drupal.org/node/557910
> http://drupal.org/node/1056404
> Note that these are installations for Drupal 7 from drupal.org, not from
> the yum repositories for F14, as the repositories do not carry D7. This
> means you have to pay attention to the report panel inside Drupal and keep
> up with updates on your own (which is less fun than using yum update,
> obviously, but not hard).

Yes, I'll follow up on the references, thanks very much.

Dave

--
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Douglas Adams in one of the Hitchiker novels...