Unable to microphone

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 03:20:44 UTC 2011

On 06/04/11 19:50, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM, JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On F14.
>> Pulseaudio daemion is running.
>> I can hear media playing.
>> But I am unable to use microphone.
>> i,e. no matter what app I use the mic
>> with, (as in skype, or  gnome-sound-recorder
>> or aurecord), my mic does not pick up my voice.
>> I have a built-in and an external. Neither one
>> is picking my voice.
>> gnome-volume-control-applet shows me that
>> I can select mic1 or mic2 as input.
>> Neither one is working.
>> I wonder if this is a pulseaudio issue?
> Try installing pavucontrol. Click on the Input Devices tab. Unlock the
> two sliders and move *one* to mute.
>
> Does that give you any capture volume?
>
> /Mike
Did that. I experimented with sliding the left chanel all the way
back, and tried to record. No sound. Only some white noice
in the right speaker.
Then I tried with sliding the right chanel all the way back.
Still no sound from recording. White noise from left speaker.
the gnome-sound-recorder has a level meter while recording.
The level meter does not budge.