Netbook gotchas?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 18:35:28 UTC 2011

	I've been running Omega Linux 14 (respin of F 14) on an EeePC
701, with an 8GB camera card in the slot. I'm very pleased with the OS
(Rahul, I owe you big time!); but the hardware just doesn't fit my extra
large trifocal fingers and arthritic eyeballs. (I've replaced it with a
Starling 10" from System76, running plain F14.)

	My wife, who has small hands and better eyesight, naturally gets
first refusal of the EeePC; I think she'll like it even more than I, and
keep it for years. (At our age, we spend a lot of time in medical waiting
rooms, which are starting to have wifi, but still have dismal
magazines.The EeePC is little more trouble than a book.)

	If she keeps it, I'll leave my own userid on it, to make
troubleshooting more convenient; but my files are taking up most of the
space available, and need to be devastated, wholesale.

	I'll start with text files and folders full of pix to use as
desktop backgrounds; no sweat there. But what else?

	Any thoughts on what's safe to remove -- such as *all* tarballs
and rpm's downloaded by me (rather than by yum or PackageKit)?

	And most of all, are there any gotchas to be leery of? (I do know
better than to delete my .addressbook or my .pinerc.)