gnome3, thinkpad 510, switching monitor configurations

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 01:53:10 UTC 2011

Has anyone had any issues switching monitor configurations? Once
docked I can mirror my displays but as soon as I try to disable my
laptop video and primarily use the connected vga I just get a blank
screen. I dont think its an xorg issue because within kde i can cycle
through all monitor configurations without any issues.

here is my xrandr output

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3520 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS1 connected 1600x900+0+180 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 345mm x 194mm
   1600x900       60.0*+   50.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        59.9
VGA1 connected 1920x1080+1600+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 530mm x 300mm
   1920x1080      60.0*+
   1600x1200      60.0
   1680x1050      60.0
   1280x1024      60.0
   1440x900       59.9
   1280x960       60.0
   1280x800       59.8
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        60.0
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

( adam stokes ) || ( adam.stokes at gmail.com )