Shitty fonts/theme in Mozilla apps in Fedora 15

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 06:50:59 UTC 2011

Tom Horsley wrote:

> For me, this did the trick:
>
> cd /etc/fonts/conf.d/
> ln -s ../conf.avail/10-autohint.conf .

Thank you so much for bringing this to my/our attention!!!

I have also had the spindly fonts in KDE (in Okular, too) and noticed that
they were thin and wiry up to size 13 and then suddenly went bold at size 14
(whatever unit that is, pt or px or... would be good to know).

My web pages never rendered correctly, I spent hours trying to find readable
setups in the browser, Dolphin was affected, etc.

Why this is not a default setting is beyond me. Without it, you practically
need a magnifying glass to read (in fact, I have often verified with one,
when legibility was ambiguous).