SELinux is furious about different mysql db location

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 10 09:12:11 UTC 2011

Hi, list!
I would like to change default location for MySQL databases. So I
copied /var/lib/mysql to /srv/lib/ and changed datadir variable in
/etc/my.cnf from default /var/lib/mysql to /srv/lib/mysql. Since that
I'm unable to start mysqld service. With every effort I got AVC denial
messages suggesting me to do the following:
# semanage fcontext -a -t FILE_TYPE 'mysql'
where FILE_TYPE is one of the following: mysqld_var_run_t,
mysqld_db_t, tmp_t, mysqld_tmp_t, user_home_t, var_lib_t, var_run_t,
var_log_t, root_t.
Then execute:
restorecon -v 'mysql'
I tried all types of FILE_TYPE without success. I even tried to execute:
grep mysqld /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp
With no luck either. What should I do to make this configuration
works? Please do not suggest me to shut down selinux. This machine
runs ssh+ftp+httpd services and has static IP.
TIA
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.