Control + Alt + Backspace doesn't work :(

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sat Jun 11 22:54:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've upgraded one of my machines from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15 using the
DVD, which basically worked fine. There were some things to fix, but
that was due to the customizations I've made.

However there is one specific thing that doesn't seem to work, and I
can't figure out why. This is the Ctrl + Alt + Backspace shortcut in
order to restart the X server.

I've replaced /etc/inittab with /etc/inittab.pacnew, although it states
that it doesn't matter anyway as it won't be interpreted anyway.

I can't remember to have changed any settings of the X server, and it
has worked before just flawlessly. Anything I'm overlooking, or where
should I start my research?

Any help appreciated ;).

Best regards,
Karol Babioch