Default browser problem

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jun 12 18:02:25 UTC 2011

        In the process of messing with Thunderbird I wiped out all my
        mail and had to start this thread anew.

        The only way I was able to get Thunderbird to treat Chrome as
        the default browser was to yum remove Firefox.

        Still the initial problem remains. I may be able to configure
        chrome to work right but I'm still stumbling through the
        configuration menus.

        If I run across a url/link in an e-mail I want to be able to
        click on it and have it come up in the browser but not replace
        my e-mail window! I will look at the link when I'm ready and it
        should be waiting in the browser in it's own window.

        Simple enough, no? I like to be in control of what my computer
        does not have it force me to do things its way.

        Bob