Adieu, Fedora

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:48:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:20:39 -0700
James McKenzie wrote:

> We need
> to make Linux as easy, if not easier to use than the other 'junk' out
> there.

When you run Windows for the first time, annoying tutorials badger
you incessantly about learning how to use the Windows interface
and/or adapting to changes made in the new version of Windows.

When you run pretty much any flavor of any new and improved,
super wizz-bang, this time we'll capture the desktop for sure,
linux interface, you are confronted with anything from a maze
of meaningless icons (none of which resemble a "help" button :-),
to maybe just a vast expanse of empty space that leaves you
equally clueless.

As long as Windows has the "Hey! Get your clues here!" attitude
and Linux has the "Our awesome designers have better things to
do than provide documentation." attitude, the Linux designers
will continue to remain puzzled by why the masses aren't flocking
to their clearly superior works of intellectual brilliance.