Adieu, Fedora

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:20:08 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM, David wrote:
>> I disagree. He makes a very valid point. New installs of Windows always
>> come up with a tutorial and "helper" app. I have never seen anything like
>> that on Linux

> Really? Seriously?
>
> What "New installs of Windows" of Windows are you referring to? None
> that I have seen do this. Version numbers of Windows? Dates of install?
> I can't think of any.

I don't really have a horse in this race, but I remember such apps and
popups myself. And it didn't take me but ten seconds to google an
example:

http://techsalsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/take-tour-windows-xp.png

Arguments about the usefulness of this are perhaps in order, but to
argue that it didn't exist at all seems silly to me.

-Alan