F12 --> F14 upgrade unsuccessful

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Jun 13 23:09:37 UTC 2011

On 06/11/2011 02:43 PM, Andrew Jamison wrote:
> I have heard if you plan to upgrade in this manner it is best to upgrade from f12 to f13 then from 13 - 14 due to the rapid change in technologies from f12 to f14 but again this just what I have heard not sure if this is actually the case

According to my yum logs, I upgraded F11 to F12 on my laptop in April of
2010.  Then, in November, I upgraded directly from F12 to F14.  I
probably used pre-upgrade for both upgrades.  My laptop is now a
doorstop (I need a new one), so I can't verify much beyond looking at my
old logs.

As I recall, I couldn't go direct from F11 to F13 without the
intermediate step of F12.  Previous to F11, I had been running F9.
Previous to that my laptop came with FC6 installed.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net