Still some mysteie about FC15

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 14 13:19:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 09:15 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > --less? Do you mean --list? If so, the latter really isn't accurate.
> > > It even warns about that:
> >
> > I did mean chkconfig --list
> > That works on my machine. Are you saying it does not?
>
> Please link to the Wiki page you refer to or quote the relevant
> part you refer to. Alternatively, expand on what you want to know
> exactly. I've quoted a warning printed by chkconfig, and yes,
> chkconfig isn't accurate/reliable anymore with systemd. That's not
> specific to its --list option.

Refer to the  response I made to Raul on this topic.

I will ask you the same quesstion I asked him

In the section headed "Does chkconfig command work with systemd?

The last line says: chkconfig --list doesn't list systemd services,
which is a slightly more obscure statement. Are not services like sshd
services systemd services. I suspect from the warning that is produces
when it is run there is at least one class of systemd services that
chkconfig --list will not report on.

Could you clarify the meaning of the warning produced when it is run?

Love is what you've been through with somebody. -- James Thurber
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net