A clarification of Fedora philosophy.

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:08:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:37:24 -0500
Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Only a very minimal set of keys can be displayed to be manipulated in
> dconf-editor. The ones that gconf-editor shows that actually control
> things like mice and windows focus I can not find in dconf-editor.

Yea, things definitely appear to be in a very mixed state at the
moment. Some settings seem to come from dconf and some from
gconf, and what comes from where is anyone's guess.

Also dconf-editor seems really braindead compared to gconf-editor.
For one thing, at least gconf-editor has a search function. You
have to manually grep the schema files to find settings for
dconf that are buried in strange places.