How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Jun 15 22:39:04 UTC 2011

Michael Hennebry writes:

> For work, I have had to use Microsoft outlook for e-mail.
> I'd like to be able to get at it through either
> KMail or evolution on my home F13 machine.
> I've tried to set up both without success.
> That I've never used a mail client before probably doesn't help.
>
> With KMail I'm stuck when I get to
> Server Innformation
> Incoming server:
> Outgoing server:
> Use local delivery

Ask your helpdesk at work for IMAP and SMTP connection and login information
for your Exchange account.

There's a slim chance that you'll get lucky and they won't react as if
you've grown a second head on your shoulders, and give you that; then you'll
just plug that into the above dialogs.

If your Exchange server does not have IMAP and SMTP enabled, you're out of
luck.