yum broken on new f14 install

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jun 21 04:35:17 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 12:00 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
> I just did a net install of f14.i386.  It complained that there was not
> enough memory for a gui install so the install used the text install.
>
> Surprise!  It didn't install any of the packages necessary for run level 5.
>
> No problem.  Let's see what we have: updatedb.  Oops no such file.  OK.
>   yum install mlocate.
>
> [Error 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - "" until eventually: No more mirrors to try.
>
> This is the exact same repo file as in another f14 box which works just
> fine.

I've not run that exact error message, to my memory, but whenever I had
a "No more mirrors to try" problem it always turned out to be a network
issue.  Interface not up.  DNS misconfiguration.  Things like that.  Bad
routing information,  So, to start, I would make sure I could resolve
hostnames by doing something like "host fedoraproject.org".  And, if
that works, try a traceroute to one of the IP addresses returned.