How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jun 21 05:49:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 06/21/2011 07:19 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>> poll imap.ndsu.nodak.edu with proto IMAP

>> Here is the result:
>> Now what?
>> Michael.Hennebry at imap.ndsu.nodak.edu is not my e-mail address.
>
> Also a late comer to this thread....  But I have a question....
>
> I see from your emails on the thread your email is
> hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu.  It would seem to indicate that when you
> connect to the Web Client you may enter "hennebry" as your username?
> Is that the case?  Or, is your username really "Michael.Hennebry" as
> defined in your fetchmailrc?

Michael.Hennebry at ndsu.edu is a different account
with different administrators.
With this account, I have direct access to
my inbox and could use scp if I wanted.
I have, on occasion, vi-ed it.

> The other thing....the web pages at nodak.edu would seem to suggest that
> you have to request IMAP access from the IT department before they
> enable it.  Is that the case?  Have you contacted the IT department to

If so, I missed it in the rat's nest that is ITS help.
Would you point me to it?
Sometimes, by the time I find something,
I'm too *aarrrg* to do much with it.

> ensure it has been enabled for your account?
>
> Do you happen to have a smart phone, or access to a smart phone, to test
> using a different mobile device?

I might have access.

> The problem seems to be a straight forward "failure to authenticate".

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.