Directory name completion

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:14:31 UTC 2011

There's a specific directory on my system, let's call
it /some/long/path/foobar, that I visit a lot, so it's a bore to have to
type the full pathname so often. The parent directory (/some/long/path)
is a component in CDPATH so I can just type 'cd foobar' and all is good.

However under F14 I had everything set up so that typing 'cd foob<tab>'
would complete the name. Now under F15 this no longer works, though I
don't recall changing anything in my Shell environment.

I've glanced over the documentation on Bash completion, tried setting
the dirspell variable etc., but to no avail.

A hint would be appreciated, which will no doubt be followed by head
thumping on my part.

poc