Removing NetworkManager results in very slow boot

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 05:37:30 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 10:13 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> On 06/22/2011 03:43 AM, john wendel wrote:
>> I removed the NetworkManager stuff from systemd, since I don't want to
>> run it. Now there's a long boot delay while DBUS tries repeatedly to
>> talk to NetworkManager.
>>
>> Obviously, I did something wrong. How should I have stopped NetworkManager?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
> Apologies before saying this, ever tried Windoze? No networkmanager,
> just lots of other, (choose your own words). Personally networkmanager
> works for me, but as the saying goes, to each their own.

Glad to hear you have it working for you.
Does it manage your wifi connection?
I have been trying to make it work for
my wifi connection, and it always invokes
wpa_supplicant with the wrong params
and so, it never tries to connect to my wifi
network.
Would appreciate some pointers to docs on
how to properly config NM to use the right
wpa_supplicant.conf.

Cheers,

JD