F15 fails to suspend/hibernate on Thinkpad W510+

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 13:25:28 UTC 2011

Whenever I try to put my laptop into either suspend or hibernate mode
(i.e., close the lid when not plugged in) the laptop _seems_ to be
trying to go to sleep but never quite gets there. The battery light
stays on, the sleep light (crescent moon) light blinks, but there's no
disk activity and the power light stays on.

And nothing short of holding the power button down and forcing a power
off works for bringing the laptop back out of htis state.

Any ideas on what I should or could do to get suspend to work again?
It's a PITA to have to hard shutdown the laptop when I accidentally shut
the lid.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/