F15 fails to suspend/hibernate on Thinkpad W510+

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:18:47 UTC 2011

On 6/24/11, Darryl L. Pierce <dpierce at redhat.com> wrote:

> sudo pm-suspend ::
>   resulted in the laptop getting hosed and required a hard restart.
>
> sudo pm-hibernate ::
>   the laptop seemed to hibernate, but when I started it it bypassed grub
> but I was no longer logged in; i.e., it acted as if it had just shutdown

Well, if all else fails, and /var/log/pm-suspend.log isn't revealing
anything, then maybe it's time for a bug report... With a laptop, the
lack of suspend/hibernate is more than annoying. (At least I only ever
boot  laptops during and after installation. They're suspended or
hibernated when not in use.)

Andras