twm on F15

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 27 13:02:48 UTC 2011

On 27 June 2011 16:47, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On 27Jun2011 00:01, Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> | Sorry for delay with response. I was on vacation since upgrading my
> | wife_rc1 (aka bride) to wife.i386.rpm. That was nice trip to Turkey,
> | Marmaris.
>
> I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks ;- )

<--SNIP-->
> As you say, a missing xterm will prevent your recipe from working.
> You recipe is suited to running twm at need, for special purposes. But
> for normal use it is rather tedious - exit X11 (telinit 3), then start
> X11 again in a special way.

Right.

> The recipe I outlined is suitable for when you want to change the
> default X11 environment you get when you log in at the XDM (or GDM) GUI
> login prompt.

Yes, you're right once again. I've created .xsession as you suggested.
If only I could find those legacy font packages... Wait a minute! What
if I grub them from some rather old version of rpm distro? Say, from
SL 5.3 I have on 6 cd. I wonder is it possible to install a few
specific packages from that disks. Will give it a try.
Once again,
thanks for your help. Appreciate it!

> Cheers,
> --