problem in installation of software fedora 15

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Jun 28 03:10:48 UTC 2011

On 06/27/2011 09:26 PM, Shailesh Srivastava wrote:
>  I want to install using  ./configure ,make, make install  instead of yum

  Why? What is your goal?

> I am trying to install gedit (tar.bz2) using following command
> 1) tar xvjf package name (run successfully )
> 2)cd package (run successfully )
> 3) ./configure  (run successfully )
> 4) make  ( error :  "" make: *** No targets specified and no makefile
> found.  Stop."")
>  plzzzzz help me

 Honestly - if you don't know how to deal with make and makefiles - why
are you  insistent on doing this instead of following the wonderful
advice people here are giving you -

  i.e. yum install gedit.

 I mean - seriously - if you cannot fly - don't try pilot the plane -
get a cup of coffee and relax in the cabin .. and yum install gedit.