howto boot from usb iso?

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Wed May 4 19:10:13 UTC 2011

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> "A U3 flash drive presents itself to the host system as a USB hub with
> a CD drive"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3

This page mentions:
    U3 Tool is an open-source management tool (for Windows and Linux)
    that allows the locked U3 partition to be removed or replaced with
    any ISO image. The tool is also sometimes known to write .ISO images
    to U3 drives which have been damaged and will no longer accept .ISO
    files via LPInstaller.exe; however, it’s reported that the device
    must be stopped and unplugged after writing for the update to be
    seen when reinserting.

and gives the URL http://u3-tool.sourceforge.net/ .

Not having a U3 disk, I can’t make use of this information, but it may
be of help to some here.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The TV networks don't know what to do about the loss of
aprilcottage.co.uk | eyeballs, and are prepared to try absolutely everything