Firefox 4 ?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed May 4 21:00:17 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 12:38 PM, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 11:52 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>> Did anyone figure out how to make the refresh&
>> Bookmark-v icons appear permanently, instead of
>> disappearing or hiding underneath the URL?  I tried
>> everything I could and both of these icons wants to
>> hide itself once customization was completed by
>> pressing "Done".  I even created a new toolbar,
>> moved these icons therein, and that does not work either.
>>
>> Another one of these 'smart' moves ends up confusing
>> the heck out of users...
> The Stop & Refresh buttons are "magic" in that they merge if Stop is
> placed right behind Reload. Also, if Reload is placed right after the
> location bar, they both will collapse INTO the location bar and merge
> with the Go button.
> To prevent both behaviors, just swap the positions of Stop and Reload
> and they shouldn't hide anymore. Or add a separator -- it should do the
> same thing.
> Not sure about bookmarks button; I prefer to use the bookmark toolbar

I did all of that, swapping, separators, moved into a separate
toolbar, etc.  Nothing worked.

I read the complaints @ Mozilla over these issues before
I posted.. and none of the suggestions worked.  So, I reverted
back to the previous FF version.  I will wait for FF to get more
tested before I attempt to use it again.