Ubuntu Smooth Fonts on Fedora

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:51:46 UTC 2011

> There is some way to get smooth fonts like ubuntu on my fedora?

Don't know. I have also been seeking ubuntu fonts on fedora,
but even if I figure out how to get the fonts themselves,
there is no telling if the font rendering engines are the
same (well, there is telling, but it is a major research
project :-).

The /etc/fonts directory has loads of confusing stuff in it,
and the /usr/share/fonts and /usr/share/fontconfig also
have loads of confusing stuff in them.

I've been tempted to just swap the ubuntu versions of
these dirs for the fedora versions and see what happens,
but I suspect disaster would happen. Probably need to
do a merge and fix defaults, but would need to
understand all the confusing stuff to do that.