Ubuntu Smooth Fonts on Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 5 16:39:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 12:15 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> The trouble with this sort of thing is that the default
> settings simply use an alias like "monospace" or "serif",
> so the question becomes, how the devil do you determine the
> actual font name at the end of all the chains of aliases?

That's when you look for font config files, to find the lists of
aliases.  e.g. locate font |grep etc

There's a certain logic to being able to set things with simple
groupings.  e.g. Tell the configuration GUI you want sans-serif or serif
fonts to be used in the GUI.  Then a separate option for your preferred
sans- or serif fonts.  That would let you change a lot of different GUI
texts without having to individually customise half a dozen options or
more.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686