killing myself softly with selinux

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sun May 8 11:19:15 UTC 2011

Anyone know a quick way to restore your SELinux policy rules after
something gets them so completely messed up that avc can't even talk
to itself?

(After an upgrade, F13 to F14, and hand-merging the *.rpmsave and
*.rpmnew stuff, sudenly no interne, then no login. Had to boot debian
to muck in root and /etc/selinux. Auto-relabeled without really
knowing what I was doing, now setting /etc/selinux/config to
permissive still gives me something like a hundred notices just to
start a web browser, and trying to run the policy generator tool that
way results in an avalanche of recursively generated messages. Crazy.)

I guess I should quit reading the list and go look in the wiki, ...