How to enlarge home dir. -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon May 9 22:11:20 UTC 2011

On 09/05/11 17:56, aragonx at dcsnow.com wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Maybe some more information will help.
>
> Looks like /dev/mapper/vg_box9-lv_root is 47GB
> and /dev/mapper/vg_box9-lv_home is 45GB
> /dev/sdb1 is 78GB total which is under the 92GB reported for the
> vg_box9 so it has to be on another drive already.
>
> Your /boot is on /dev/sdc2.  Is that drive the 40gb that is shared
> with Windows?
>
> So what is on /dev/sda?  Can you give us the output of fdisk -l, pvs,
> vgs and lvs?  Seems to me you have at least 60GB hiding somewhere.
>
> ---
> Will Y.

        I've got things working again. I found that files I deleted were
        apparently retained in /home/bobg/.local/share/Trash. I cleaned
        that out and df showed home at 60%, dropped from 100%. Not sure
        why that happened but it's good for now.

        I have ordered a larger drive which I should have in a day or
        two and that will replace at least two of the existing drives.

        Thanks.

        Bob