security in firefox4

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 19 08:50:26 UTC 2011

19.05.2011, 17:07, "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 23:55, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>; wrote:
>
>>  Thanks that worked to stop tracking. But I am still confused by the
>>  official directions to use an option under tools?
>
> On Windows the Preferences menu item in under Tools, on Linux it is
> under Edit. I have no idea why that is, probably historical.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

Here's what I did for privacy in Firefox:
* used the BetterPrivacy plugin to delete Flash cookies on exit
* set the browser to delete *regular* cookies on exit
* blocked third-party cookies while online (may prevent advertisement networks from carrying information between sites)
* used Ghostery plugin to block scripts from the major known tracking websites
* used Flash Block to only watch the clips I intend to watch (may prevent click-jacking)

* additionally, AdBlock Plus (along with the Element Hiding Helper) can be used to block counters, ads designed to show up in your face and other crap like pocker games, etc.

The "Do Not Track Me" option is a gag.

--
Best regards,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet