What on earth is mounted?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed May 25 19:49:07 UTC 2011

Tom Horsley wrote:
> The mounts I see on f15 don't say "bind" anywhere, so they
> are terribly confusing and I really wonder if they are
> bind mounts.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. :)

The release notes[1] don't make good light of the changes systemd[2]
brought, unfortunately. The times I've seen the mounts from systemd
mentioned they were called bind mounts, but yes, I don't see "bind" in
the mount options either. I cannot find any documentation that makes
light of what they really are. You are best off asking your question on
the devel list or sifting through the systemd code base.

[1]
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_SysAdmin.html#sect-RelNotes-Boot
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd