Set inittab to 3 -

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed May 25 21:02:52 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 02:20 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>         [bobg at box6]$ ln -s /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target
>         /etc/systemd/system/default.target
>         ln: failed to create symbolic link
>         `/etc/systemd/system/default.target': File exists

   Probably won't help much but to confirm:

   (1) Are you doing this as user 'bobg' or root ?

   (2) As of right now what does

      ls -l /etc/systemd/system/default.target

      show?

     If you do change it (like you did before) - please confirm via ls
-l that it is correctly pointing to /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target

  (3) Please confirm that /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target exists
and makes sense ...

>         And this is where I got in trouble before. What must I do to fix
>         this?

    If I remember correctly, you did this and then boot failed ... so if
it happens again and all the above are in fact correct, you can always
stay on F14 like a few other people and hope that in 6 months or so F16
will tidy up some whatever F15 issues are not yet tidy :-)

   gene/