Desktopswitcher and OpenOffice (F15)

Roelof 'Ben' Kusters web at bentrein.com
Thu May 26 04:07:13 UTC 2011

I just installed F15, and am exited. Some may remember some of my
complaints regarding looks and wifi-workability for F14; all my wishes
seem to have come true. Well done developers; I'm a happy bunny. Learning
quickly though.

Two things though.

First: Is there a way to configure the desktop switcher so that it appears
every time I move my mouse to the right side of the screen? At the moment
the only way I can get it is through Applications, and then move the mouse
to the right... It is very possible I'm missing something. Would
appreciate any help with this.

Second: I fully understand why OpenOffice was dropped in favour of
LibreOffice. I will (probably) change in the future. However, at work we
use OpenOffice, and I would like to learn Gnome3 first, before battling
with a new office suite - and possible compatibility issues.
I installed F15 on my netbook with a live-usb. I went to the OOo website,
and downloaded the package. The install went apparently fine - no errors
were given, and when I try to install again, it mentions all has already
been installed. However, I can't find it. There's nothing but Evolution
under Activities -> Applications -> Office. Also with this I would
appreciate help.

Many thanks.

--
Greetz,

Roelof Kusters
aka Ben

The internet isn't a highway, it's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it
draws you in.

Make 1000 euros in minutes! Sell my house: http://www.bentrein.com/house