Fedora 15 installer needs more than 512MB RAM

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri May 27 01:04:13 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 05:46 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I am wondering why you think it is.
>
> Care to explain?

I was using Gnome as an example of how project devs turn their backs on
the needs of the users.  The same thing seems to be happening,
gradually, with the Fedora devs, at least to the extent of not managing
to keep such vital things as minimum memory requirements up to date.  I
was pointing out that such a big project tends to become a bureaucracy
simply because it's almost impossible to control otherwise, and the
dedicated bureaucrats always end up in charge and those who actually
care about the project itself get pushed to the side, if they're lucky.