F15 long boot time

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri May 27 15:10:28 UTC 2011

    On 27/05/11 08:52, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
>     On 05/27/2011 08:27 AM, Jan Willies wrote:
>
>>          In my case, it is waiting for a NFSv4 mount to come alive. I am not sure
>>          why that takes so long.
>>

>>     noauto,comment=systemd.automount in /etc/fstab should help
>     Maybe, but I don't understand why it takes ~30 seconds to establish a
>     NFSv4 mount. What's the root problem here?
>
>     - Mike

    The more I mess with this the more confused I become. Everything I
    do has changed where the delays occur but the end result is still slow.

    Also the nfs system was set up nfs3 I believe, wonder if I need to
    change something there. Hate to change anything when it works
    perfectly as it is [NFS].

    Anyway, presently my fstab is as follows:

        [bobg at box6 ~]$ cat /etc/fstab

        #
        # /etc/fstab
        # Created by anaconda on Wed May 25 13:21:58 2011
        #
        # Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under
        '/dev/disk'
        # See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8)
        for more info
        #
        /dev/mapper/vg_box6-lv_root /                       ext4
        defaults        1 1
        UUID=60fbd9d5-f192-46bf-a0de-59ebaf40b1a7
        /boot                   ext4    defaults        1 2
        /dev/mapper/vg_box6-lv_home /home                   ext4
        defaults        1 2
        /dev/mapper/vg_box6-lv_swap swap                    swap
        defaults        0 0
        tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs
        defaults        0 0
        devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts
        gid=5,mode=620  0 0
        sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs
        defaults        0 0
        proc                    /proc                   proc
        defaults        0 0

        192.168.1.48:/mnt/rfg/     /mnt/srvr1    nfs
          noauto,comment=systemd.automount,rw,user    0 0

        # 192.168.1.48:/mnt/glg/  /mnt/srvr2      nfs
        defaults,rw,user        0 0

        # 192.168.1.48:/mnt/mnl/  /mnt/srvr2      nfs
        defaults,rw,user        0 0

        # 192.168.1.48:/media/SimpleDrive/data/  /mnt/srvr3      nfs
        defaults,rw,user        0 0

    All I added where the lines for NFS and they have been the same
    through several versions of Fedora.

    If you see any glaring error let me know, otherwise I will live with
    it, Normally I only boot once a day and I'm drinking coffee then ...

    Thanks.

    Bob