KDE Laggy in Fresh F15

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Sat May 28 15:28:56 UTC 2011

> From: Clemens Eisserer<linuxhippy at gmail.com>
>
>> >  I have not installed any software not in Fedora's repository (no
>> >  nvidia drivers).
> Yeah, I guess you are hitting nouveau bugs here.
> So why don't you simply install the nvidia drivers?
>
> Do the problems also happen with desktop effects disabled?
>
> - Clemens

I'd like to at least try to isolate the bugs and report them first.

If everybody immediately switches to the proprietary drivers then
the nouveau drivers and/or KDE will never improve.

I'll eventually try the nvidia drivers so I can be sure it's a
KDE/nouveau issue but first if anybody can say try this mesa
patch, strace this or gdb that I'll do it.

KDE automatically disables desktop effects. I can not disable
them because I can not enable them... Well I could also disable
the "performance checks" but I don't want KDE any slower.